Lawrence House is situated just to the north of Blackpool town centre on a quiet side street between Banks Street and Cocker Street. Moments from the Promenade and North Pier and a five minute walk from the town centre. Lawrence House is over one hundred and thirty years old and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all of our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We have rooms on different levels; there are steps into the building, between floor levels and on each floor. We have no ground floor bedrooms therefore Lawrence House is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- Lawrence House is situated on a quiet side street and is easily accessible by car.
- We are a gay run adult only guest house for gay people and their friends. Including the whole LGBTQ community, straight people are welcome too.
- The nearest shop – a convenience store, is a two-minute walk away situated on the corner of Cocker Street and Dickson Road.
- Blackpool town centre is about a five-minute walk away from Lawrence House.
- There is also a Post Office located at the side of Bickerstaff House near Sainsburys and the train station – a five-minute walk away.
- Nearest bus stops are situated on the Promenade – a one-minute walk away and on Dixon Road – a two-minute walk away.
- There are also a tram stops on the Promenade with trams taking you as far as Fleetwood to the north and Stargate to the south passing all of Blackpool’s main seafront attractions. The nearest stop is a three-minute walk away from Lawrence House. Buses and Trams run daily until late.
- The nearest Railway Station is Blackpool North approx five minute walk away. Taxi’s are available at the station.
- The nearest coach station is on Bonny Street –a fifteen-minute walk away.
- There are several local taxi companies. We can book for you if you prefer.
- We have no family rooms and are unable to accommodate children.
- We are unable to cater for pets.
- We have menus in large print should they be required. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in Braille.
- Our website provides pictures of our accommodation and further information on the services we provide.
- You can contact us by e-mail, text, post, by telephone or in person. Please see “contact information” section of this document.
Arrival and Carparking
Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 2pm. Earlier arrival may be possible by arrangement. (check out on day of departure is 11.30am. Later checkout may be possible by prior arrangement for a small extra charge)
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- Car parking: – Diagonally opposite Lawrence House there is a pay and display car park. Banks Street car park is approximately a five minute walk from Lawrence House. This car park is flood lit at night and is under regular camera surveillance. Current charges for all the above car parks are available on our website. There is on street car parking, some free, some pay and display within walking distance of Lawrence House. It can however prove difficult to find a space during busy periods.
- Our front door is kept locked at all times. Please ring the bell on arrival.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- Lawrence House has central heating throughout, with thermostatic valves fitted to radiators allowing control of room temperatures. For additional heat each room also has an oil filled electric radiator.
- Electric cooling fans are also provided in each room.
- Lawrence House is strictly non-smoking throughout. Including the roof terrace. The smoking area is to the front of the building, a small wall mounted ashtray is provided
- Free WiFi is available throughout the building.
- There is a small step (approx 12cm) up into the porch area.
- A much steeper step (approx 20cm) takes you through the main front door into the hallway. (Assistance available.)
- Seating is provided in our entrance hall.
- A door from the hallway leads into the reception/lounge/bar and dining room.
- Guests are required to complete our registration form on arrival and are then shown to their room and our facilities explained.
Dining Room, Bar & Lounge Area
- Guests are welcome to use the lounge/bar area during opening times. (opening times vary depending on season)
- The lounge area has bar stools and comfortable tub chairs. Tea, coffee and bar snacks are available during opening times.
- Local information and magazines are available in the hallway.
- We have a licensed well stocked bar, teas and coffees are also available.
- Irons, ironing boards and laptop size folding tables for use in rooms are available from the Bar/Reception area and also in some rooms.
- Breakfast and meals from our evening menu are served in the adjacent dining room.
- Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free and most other diets can be catered for, please advise when booking.
- The dining room seats eighteen people with three tables of four and three tables seating two people.
- The Bar, reception and dining room are fitted with a short pile carpet.
- There is no communal toilet on the ground floor.
- We have no ground floor bedrooms.
- A bell is located by the door marked private in the main hallway should the owners need to be contacted when the reception/bar area is closed.
- The hallway stairs and landings are all fitted with a short pile carpet.
- The stairs to the first floor have hand rails to either side.
- There are twelve stairs leading to a half landing then a further four stairs leading to the first floor bedrooms, a communal toilet and roof terrace.
- There is one step up to the communal toilet and roof terrace.
- Seating is provided on the roof terrace.
- A further twelve stairs plus another four from the half landing lead to our second floor bedrooms, with a hand rail to one side.
- All our bedrooms have fully fitted short pile carpets.
- All bedrooms are fully en-suite comprising of: Shower, W.C. and a Wash Basin. Shaver points/lights. Freshly laundered towels, shower mat and complimentary toiletries are provided.
- A welcome tray with tea/coffee and hot chocolate is provided.
- Complimentary bottled water, biscuits, chocolates and mints are provided on arrival.
- All beds are made up with duvets.
- All duvets and pillows are synthetic.
- All rooms have ample sockets for phone chargers, laptops, hairdryers etc (Hairdryers are provided in all rooms.)
- Extra pillows and blankets are available on request.
- All rooms have clothes hanging areas and hooks.
- All rooms have at least one chair/stool.
- All rooms have remote control flat screen FreeView T.V.
- All rooms have storage space for luggage, clothes and toiletries etc.
- Our rooms consist of, singles (two of which have four foot beds) doubles, twins and premier rooms. All double beds are accessible from both sides.
- Fire instruction notices and other useful information are located the back of all bedroom doors.
Bedrooms (First Floor)
- Bedroom 1: A small single with a standard single bed.
- Bedroom 3: ‘The Aspley Premier Room’; a superior spacious double bedded room with a lounge area, built in wardrobe and a feature fire place. This room comes with many extras including a complimentary wine on arrival. This room also has a larger en-suite facility.
- Room 4: This room contains a double bed with access from both sides and a single bed. It can be used as a double or twin. It has a large built in wardrobe.
- Room 5: A single room with a four foot bed.
Bedrooms (Second Floor)
- Room 6: A small single room with a standard single bed.
- Room 7: A double room with access from both sides of the bed. This room has a vanity unit in the main bedroom with storage underneath and shaver point/light above.
- Room 8: ‘The Sandiacre Premier Room’; a superior spacious double aspect room with a lounge area, built in wardrobe, feature fire place. This room comes with many extras including a complimentary wine. This room also has a larger en-suite facility.
- Room 9: This room contains a double bed with access both sides and a single. It can be used has a double or twin. It has a large built in wardrobe.
- Room 10: A single room with a four foot bed.
- There are fire extinguishers in the main hallway and on each half landing.
- There are fire call points located in the main hallway on each landing.
- Should the fire alarm sound (a continuous siren) guests will be asked to vacate the building via the main entrance.
- We ask guests to advise of any hearing impediment so we can make them aware of any emergency evacuation situation.
- We are happy to keep medication refrigerated.
- A selection of local information is located in our main hallway.
- We do not offer a laundry service. However there is a small launderette on Dixon road which is approximately ten/fifteen minutes walk from Lawrence House.
- NHS Walk-in-Centre 01253 953953
- Blackpool Victoria Hospital 01253 300000
- Emergency Dentist 0300 1234010
- Blackpool Police 01772 614444 or 101
Updated January 2022